- CSS2.1 fully supported, no supper for CSS border-radius, in IE8. Future versions will have improved JS support.
- Krugman's well reasoned response to Republicans attacking Obama's stimulus plan.
- "The Republicans do not have enough votes to defeat the package, but they could delay it in the senate. "
- Didn't MS learn from Vista, all we need is a Server and personal edition.
- Great software for burning cd/dvd's.
- Bunch of e-commerce templates for osCommerce, Magento, Zen Cart and CRE Loaded, as well as a number of general e-commerce templates.
- "About two-thirds of the $825 billion is reserved for spending and the rest for tax breaks. In the Republican response to the president’s address Mr. Boehner called for deeper tax cuts instead. He is pushing a Republican plan to lower federal income tax rates in the two lowest brackets rather than provide a $500 per worker tax credit, as Mr. Obama wants to do. The Republican plan would also give tax breaks to small businesses, home buyers and the unemployed."
- This is a dumb idea, artists will never get their fair share and people will still wind up buying music and for those who don't pirate still have to pay.
- From the article: "presented this month by House Democrats called for $37 billion in spending in three high-tech areas: $20 billion to computerize medical records, $11 billion to create smarter electrical grids and $6 billion to expand high-speed Internet access in rural and underserved communities. A study published this month, which was prepared for the Obama transition team, concluded that putting $30 billion into those three fields could produce more than 900,000 jobs in the first year."
- What is it, who supports it and how to use it.
- Suggested ways to make your links stand out, though I wouldn't use some of these or all of them unless it works with the design.
- Just so awesome.
- Watchmen will be released on March 6th, but Fox gets some of the profits.
- Crazy: "The global economic crisis has cost Arab countries $2,500bn (£1,690bn) in the last four months alone, according to Kuwait's foreign minister."
- Parse url's in your text and turn them into links.
- From the article: "Scientists say data from satellites and weather stations indicate a warming of about 0.6C over the last 50 years."
- Clean coal is somewhat possible, however it's prohibitively expensive.
- Funds will be publicly listed as to where they are going, lots of investment on the infrastructure.
- Another jQuery plugin.
- This has to be against the law: "How does IP law relate to teaching and sharing knowledge? Whose property are those notes?"
- Just what it says.
- Make your form input fields light up.
- Afghanistan has a lot more and different challenges than Iraq.
- "Roe isn't enough because privacy is not enough. That narrow legal framework has only barely protected our legal right to access the procedure. It says nothing about access, about funding, about autonomy and barriers. It says nothing about justice." Agreed.
- Thanks Pres. Obama, now states can have stricter automobile emissions and fuel efficiency standards than the federal government.
- That's the way the VP should really work.
- Fascinating article about a man's quest to find out everything possible about the very first atomic weapons.
- How do you act like and become a manager.
- What about using EC2 as your backup?
- This is exactly what we need to do to bring our economy into the 21st Century, give the whole country high speed internet, same thing as telephone and electricity.
- Workaround for a bug.
- We need a better way to preserve the Internet and the history and information stored there.
- Make a better resume.
- Pretty decent list of css tips for just about every project.
- For whatever reason.
- "Any Israeli soldiers accused of war crimes in the Gaza Strip will be given state protection from prosecution overseas, the country's PM has said." What's the point of war crimes even existing if no state will allow their citizens to be prosecuted?
- Go figure.
- "Vanilla is an open-source, standards-compliant, multi-lingual, fully extensible discussion forum for the web."
- "Ethiopia says it has completed the withdrawal of its troops from Somalia, two years after entering the country to fight Islamist insurgents."
- This is exactly why we need notification laws.
- Change the way you market.
- Need some wallpapers for that iPhone, look no further.
links for 2009-01-26
2 responses to “links for 2009-01-26”
i wil stick with google chrome.
i wil stick with google chrome.