- If you were to go freelance how much do you need to charge per hour.
- Slideshow of your flickr images using jquery.
- Facebook has rewritten their TOS back to the old one and is asking for feedback on what it should be.
- Yep North Korea is a little dangerous, thanks for the remainder.
- What about using collapsible breadcrumbs.
- Obama provides the extra troops that the military commanders requested early in his presidency (NYT article earlier this weeks is the reference for that).
- See where exactly the stimulus is going.
- With 40,000 Mexican troops trying to control the border and drug flow, people are protesting alleging that the army has abused and even shot on civilians without provocation.
- Facebook reverts it's terms of service.
- The Senate will investigate regardless what the White House wants, great news.
- "A bipartisan group of lawmakers introduced H.R.1064 and S. 435, identical House and Senate bills to fund prevention and intervention programs that are comprehensive, community-centered and evidence-based efforts to combat gangs and youth violence." Finally some decent news.
- From Freidman: “Dear America, please remember how you got to be the wealthiest country in history. It wasn’t through protectionism, or state-owned banks or fearing free trade. No, the formula was very simple: build this really flexible, really open economy, tolerate creative destruction so dead capital is quickly redeployed to better ideas and companies, pour into it the most diverse, smart and energetic immigrants from every corner of the world and then stir and repeat, stir and repeat, stir and repeat, stir and repeat.”
- Criticizing a government does not make you a terrorist.
- "A fully accredited university macroeconomist is not equipped to debate the defining macroeconomic issue of our generation?" Interesting, so why are people against the stimulus again?
- What happens when Will Wheaton is left along on Twitter.
- This is really neat: "Thirty percent of U.S. electricity consumption could be erased through gains in energy productivity, according to the Rocky Mountain Institute."
- Solution to Twitter Groups? "Make another Twitter account." Genius.
- Pretty pretty please.
- This looks a really good way to monetize live-streaming.
- How much more Christian right can you get aparently Focus on the Family isn't far right enough for some people.
- "A report by the country's state media said HIV/Aids had led to the deaths of almost 7,000 people in the first nine months of 2008." Wow.
- "There has been high drama on the second day of the Pirate Bay trial. Due to serious shortcomings in the prosecution evidence, around 50% of the charges in the case are going to have to be withdrawn. The defense describes it as a ’sensation’, seeing half of the charges being dropped on the second day." Haha, all that is left is "assisting copyright infringement", basically nothing.
- The Phelps defending their picketing of a play. The man is just crazy nothing else can understand his logic.
- Talk about trying to get rid of plastic bags: "Just last month New Delhi passed a preliminary ban imposing a five-year jail term or a 100,000-rupee fine, about $2,055, on anyone caught carrying or handing out plastic bags."
- "The disclosures by G.M., contained in a viability plan submitted to the government, means that G.M. plans to cut its brands in half, to four: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC." I personally think this is a great move and should have been done years ago. The confusion around all these brands is a waste, duplicate advertising, marketing, and design all around.
- I would not have made this loan, Sirius XM is a dead end business.
- One very big problem with Apple is that you can only get applications through the iPhone, if they reject it you are dead.
- How does the G2 look?
- Now that the famous "Hope" poster is having a copyright claim against it, do you know of a similar photo that can be used to prevent the claim.
- Interesting service, not to sure about the implications of it.
links for 2009-02-18
One response to “links for 2009-02-18”
Targeted areas will achieve; propecia 512834; buy viagra lgos; tramadol %-DD; propecia 8]]]; buy xanax 746; acomplia gfpg;