- "The Chinese prime minister, Wen Jiabao, spoke in unusually blunt terms on Friday about the “safety” of China’s $1 trillion investment in American government debt, the world’s largest such holding, and urged the Obama administration to offer assurances that the securities would maintain their value." He's not the only one.
- So how exactly are you taxed or better yet what are marginal tax rates.
- Why Twitter’s ‘Suggested Users’ is the Next Superbowl Ad (or “Calacanis offers $500k for three years”) « The Jason Calacanis Weblog"From my perspective, the most disruptive thing about Twitter is its
presence. It’s everywhere at all times in a way that only an AT&T “You
Will”-style commercial could have predicted in 1995 (or could explain
in 2009–funny how that goes huh?). People get and give Tweets from
the time they wake up until they fall asleep."
- To do so add: "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />"
- Sometimes you have to just quit smoking.
- Dare Obasanjo aka Carnage4Life – Facebook "stream" redesign: Disruptive companies don't listen to their customers – Mark Zuckerburg"This is the crux of the problem with the Facebook redesign. The expectations around how user relationships were created on Twitter are totally different from how they were on Facebook. On Twitter, users explicitly decide as part of following someone that they want all of the person's tweets in their stream. In fact, this is the only feature of the relationship on Twitter. On Facebook, you have relationships with people that attempt to mirror your real life so you have your boss, coworkers, school friends and acquaintances all trying to be part of your social graph because FB is really a kind of "rolodex" in the sky."
- "But under the Obama administration’s education stimulus package, Mr. Lamborn, who needs every penny he can get, will receive hundreds of dollars less per student than will Dr. Bailey, who says he does not need the extra money." Weird account rules don't always work out for the best.
- When you aren't getting anywhere with being frugal, consider stop being so frugal.
- "We’re in a once-a-century financial crisis, and yet we’ve actually descended into politics worse than usual. There don’t seem to be any adults at the top — nobody acting larger than the moment, nobody being impelled by anything deeper than the last news cycle. Instead, Congress is slapping together punitive tax laws overnight like some Banana Republic, our president is getting in trouble cracking jokes on Jay Leno comparing his bowling skills to a Special Olympian, and the opposition party is behaving as if its only priority is to deflate President Obama’s popularity."
- Just when you thought you had seen everything.
- What's your standard web design and development contract look like.
- "Business incentives are completely lacking today for upgrading to IPv6, the next generation Internet protocol, according to a survey of network operators conducted by the Internet Society (ISOC)." Another time I'm conflicted, I see the point when executive pay is so far from line worker's pay it's silly to even compare the two at the same time I'm pro government leaving business alone.
- "Business incentives are completely lacking today for upgrading to IPv6, the next generation Internet protocol, according to a survey of network operators conducted by the Internet Society (ISOC). " What, how about running out of IP Addresses?
- I think the best bit is when he uses that number in his Wall Street Journal columns, shouldn't those be fact checked before publication?
- "Summary: On his Fox News program, Sean Hannity falsely claimed that "a parliamentary procedure called reconciliation" would allow the Obama administration to pass legislation "without any Republicans even having an opportunity to vote." In fact, according to the House Rules Committee's description of the budget reconciliation process, the version of reconciliation legislation agreed to during the conference process is then "brought back to the full House and Senate for a vote on final passage. Approval of the conference agreement on the reconciliation legislation must be by a majority vote of both Houses."" More info to inform yourself.
- "Deep technical competency is overrated compared with the ability to make excellent decisions and to create a culture where forward motion is valued and personal initiative is rewarded." 100% agreed.
- "Richard Holbrooke said the $800m (£550m) a year the US was spending on counter-narcotics would be better used in supporting Afghan farmers." You think.
- Everything is vulnerable, that being said the article makes is sounds like their is very few safety features in place.
- "ecoder is an open-source web-based code editor, with real-time colour syntax highlighting, which allows multiple documents to be edited directly online at the same time." Still in beta.
- "North Korea has confirmed the arrest of two female US journalists, saying they were detained for illegally entering North Korean territory." They both work for Current TV which is partially funded by Al Gore. North Korea is claiming they were illegally on their territory though they might have never been in North Korea.
- FactCheck.org: Is it true that Obama is dropping the federal safety program that allowed pilots to carry guns?"The Transportation Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and the largest airline pilots union say no. In fact, TSA says the program is being expanded. The claim comes from anonymous pilots interviewed by a Washington Times editorial writer." Though it should be dropped.
- Ballmer: 'Tide has really turned' against Apple in computer market – TechFlash: Seattle's Technology News Source"Paying an extra $500 for a computer in this environment — same piece of hardware — paying $500 more to get a logo on it?" Ballmer you are a moron, people aren't paying for the logo.
- Do you have a president of marginally legal activities?
links for 2009-03-22
2 responses to “links for 2009-03-22”
[…] is the original: links for 2009-03-22 Posted by admin on Mar 22nd, 2009 and filed under electronic, politics, tech, us, world. You […]
[…] A smart blogger placed an observative post today on links for 2009-03-22 | Yostivanich.comHere’s a quick excerptSometimes you have to just quit smoking. (tags: database webdevelopment normalization). Dare Obasanjo aka Carnage4Life – Facebook “stream” redesign: Disruptive companies don’t listen to their customers â Mark Zuckerburg … Seth’s Blog: Yeah, but he really knows his stuffâ¦ “Deep technical competency is overrated compared with the ability to make excellent decisions and to create a culture where forward motion is valued and personal initiative is rewarded.” 100% agreed. … […]
Leave a Reply