- "When it came time to start putting code to paper at CrashCorp I was faced with the decision of choosing both a language and a platform. After 11 years of coding solely in PHP I’d grown tired of the language and, to some extent, the community (not the people, who are great, but the way the community is organized)." Makes me want to try out python.
- "So when Ikea casually abandoned its version of the famed 20th-century font Futura that had served it for 50 years and replaced it for 2010 with the computer-screen font Verdana, professional outrage was immense."
- "A new food-labeling campaign called Smart Choices, backed by most of the nation’s largest food manufacturers, is “designed to help shoppers easily identify smarter food and beverage choices.” The green checkmark label that is starting to show up on store shelves will appear on hundreds of packages, including — to the surprise of many nutritionists — sugar-laden cereals like Cocoa Krispies and Froot Loops."
- "GPS for Stupid People."
- In case of emergency eat chocolate.
- Scott Maxwell: Florida Republican Party Chairman Jim Greer slams Obama — but touts GOP views at schools — OrlandoSentinel.com"This man not only talked to his son about Republican values, he went into public-school classrooms and talked about them as well. That man is Jim Greer — the same Jim Greer who, as chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, just threw a nationwide hissy fit, claiming that the classroom is no place for politics and Barack Obama's "indoctrination.""
- "I think Tiff is starting to suspect that I may have a problem." There really is no problem here.
Leave a Reply