If you plan on releasing a library as open source, please make sure it has
- Clear dependency/installation instructions
- At least one brief documentation guide
- A change log and tags in the repo
- Some information about supported language/runtime/tool versions and project maturity
- A mailing list where users can ask questions and help each other
Doing anything less than this will cause some of your users grief and anger. And likely some wasted time.
Nice suggestions on improving open source projects and making them actually useful to more people than just yourself.